1101 Peppertree Lane
Brandeis, CA 93064
(when using GPS or online directions, use "Simi Valley, CA" rather than "Brandeis, CA")
The closest airports to Brandeis-Bardin are Burbank (approx. 30-35 minutes away) and LAX (approx. 70-90 minutes away).
Burbank is a small airport, and is easier to fly in/out of than LAX.
Both Amtrak and Metrolink train services run between the Burbank Airport and Simi Valley stations. Amtrak runs seven days a week, and has limited service each day. Metrolink runs only on weekdays and has a more extensive schedule. It may be prudent to visit the web sites of both companies to determine the best transportation for you.
To search Amtrak schedules, go to www.amtrak.com and use station codes BUR and SIM. The fare is $12 each way, or $10.80 with the AAA discount.
The Metrolink schedule is at http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/html.php?id=301. The fare is $6.25 each way, or $10.75 round trip.
The Simi Valley train station is located 2.3 miles from Brandeis-Bardin. Cab fare should be approximately $10 from the train station to Brandeis-Bardin.
Looking for a ride to/from the aiport? Want to save some gas by sharing a rental car or cab? Click here to post on the RideShare forum.
- Bathing suit
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Casual clothing for Saturday and Sunday morning
- For women: loose clothing for yoga
- A sweatshirt for the nightime
- Slightly less casual clothing for Kabbalat Shabbat services Friday night and the Havdalah Desert Reception and Talent Show
- Jeans or long pants for the bonfire and sing-along
- Formal dress for the afternoon wedding ceremony and evening reception
- Personal toiletries
- Music instrument/props for the Talent Show
- Athletic clothing for climbing wall, basketball, and kickball
- Sports equipment (e.g. tennis racket)
- Travel alarm clock